Saturday, September 11, 2010

HAIR WHIPPED


Willow Smith, the nine year old daughter of movie star/rapper, Will Smith and his actress/singer wife, Jada Pinkett has leaked her first song entitled, "Whip My Hair". Willow also acts and in addition to her brother, Jaden who happens to star in the hit movie remake of "The Karate Kid", that Smith family is just an entertainment machine.

Ms Smith's song is a cute hip-hop tune with the trendy auto-tune gliding her vocals through the track. She has just been signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation record label, so I'm sure you will be hearing a lot more from this adorable little girl in the future.

This song made me think of Rihanna vocally (Jay-Z happened to have signed her to Def Jam when he ran the label) and she happens to have an unreleased track called, "Whipping My Hair".

Coincidence?

I think not.

Here are the two songs for you to compare:

Whip My Hair - Willow Smith

Whipping My Hair - Rihanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW SOUNDS

CORINNE BAILEY RAE I have just became aware that the British alt-r&b artist, Corinne Bailey Rae had released her fourth studio album, &...