Tuesday, December 14, 2010

THE TWELVE TUNES OF CHRISTMAS

Christmas is almost upon us and, whether you want to or not, we have been hearing plenty of holiday music. We just have to accept that it's all part of the season. There are really not that many different songs or I should say, a wide variety of good Christmas songs but the classics out there have been done by many, many artists; a few great versions, many mediocre and some embarrassingly bad.

So for the next twelve days, I'm going to count down my favorite Christmas songs. These are also my favorite versions of each song (most tend to be the original) and they are not necessarily in any particular order but I guess the songs closer to the top are the ones I most prefer.


The first tune is the holiday novelty song by those cute animated critters, Alvin and the Chipmunks. This song was their only hit and it actually went to number one on the Billboard Hot 100.

It's a fun song and I still chuckle when I hear it.

"The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" - Alvin & The Chipmunks (1958)

No comments:

Post a Comment

RANDOM SIGHTS + SOUNDS

It's been fifteen years since actor and musical artist, Vanessa Williams has released new music. She had a thriving pop music career s...