Wednesday, April 13, 2011

LAND OF THE ONE HIT WONDERS: 90'S EDITION


What ever happened to Right Said Fred?

I began wondering that after hearing their1992 hit song, "I'm Too Sexy" on my ipod today, then I realized that the reason I don't know what happened to them is that they only had one hit song.

It was probably pretty clear that this band was not going to have a long shelf life but there were others that looked very promising but, surprisingly, vanished as quickly as they appeared.

This post is dedicated to a few of those wonderful artists who blessed the world during the 1990's with only one great, memorable song. that began and ended their careers:

"Don't Wanna Fall In Love (Album Version)" - Jane Child  (1990)

"Wicked Game" - Chris Isaak  (1991)

"I Touch Myself: - Divinyls  (1992)

"What's Up?" - 4 Non-Blondes  (1992)

"Finally" - CeCe Peniston  (1992)

"Baby Got Back" - Sir Mix A Lot  (1992)

"I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" - The Proclaimers  (1992)

"Tell Me" - Groove Theory  (1995)

"I Know" - Dionne Farris (1995)

"One Of Us" - Joan Osborne  (1996)

"Sex And Candy" - Marcy Playground  (1998)

"Still Not A Playa" - Big Punisher  (1998)

"Chante's Got A Man" - Chante Moore  (1999)

And to come full circle, here is Right Said Fred, doing everything but being sexy for the video of their song:

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW SOUNDS

CORINNE BAILEY RAE I have just became aware that the British alt-r&b artist, Corinne Bailey Rae had released her fourth studio album, &...