Monday, June 15, 2015

RANDOM SIGHTS + SOUNDS

There will be LGBT pride celebrations starting this month and throughout the summer. In honor of that, here is an classic tune from the musical, "La Cage aux Folles" that still perfectly serves as an anthem for self-love and respect. Enjoy Gloria Gaynor's dance version of "I Am What I Am":

"I Am What I Am" - Gloria Gaynor (1983) mp3

Also in time for Pride, W Hotels and the Humans Right Campaign have teamed up with Jennifer Hudson to support marriage equality with this beautiful video for her song, "I Still Love You". Share your support with #TURNITUPFORCHANGE:



I've dug up a few more vintage dance tunes that share the theme involving men. Sure, they haven't aged well but they still can get the party started right:

"Macho Man" - Village People (1978) mp3

"So Many Men, So Little Time" - Miquel Brown (1983) mp3

"I Love Men" - Eartha Kitt (1984) mp3

I have to say I strongly disliked Rihanna's latest song, "Bitch Better Have My Money" but Kelly Clarkson must of heard something she liked. The singer cleaned it up, gave it a soulful spin and managed to make it worth another listen during a live performance on the BBC Live Lounge program:



Speaking of Ms Clarkson, she does have her own new music out. Her seventh studio release, "Piece By Piece" came out in February and the first single, "Heartbeat Song" is a solid pop tune but it's chart performance was slightly underwhelming. I think the follow-up, "Invincible" should change that. This is another great song about empowerment that the big-voiced singer is well-known for but this time, it's co-written by fellow big-voiced singer, the very busy, Sia:

"Invincible" - Kelly Clarkson (2015) mp3

Finally, we have former "RuPaul's Drag Race" contestant, Courtney Act serving female realness, both visually and vocally, on her new single, "Ecstasy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW SOUNDS

CORINNE BAILEY RAE I have just became aware that the British alt-r&b artist, Corinne Bailey Rae had released her fourth studio album, &...