Monday, January 23, 2017

PROTEST SONGS OF A NEW GENERATION


I really try to avoid making my political views public but the election of that vile man to the highest office in the country has made me realize I cannot and must not remain silent. I think he's completely unfit for President, I do not support most of his outrageous agenda and I strongly believe he is not concerned about the best interests of a majority of the people he's supposed to be representing. I know I am not alone in this point of view just from the incredible number of people out in the streets protesting the day after the inauguration. Many artists have been inspired to create music to peacefully protest this new administration and to inform them we will not be ignored or pushed around.

I am sharing a few of my favorite songs from a variety of different musicians who are all very concerned about not only the future of this nation but of the entire planet.







"I Give You Power" - Arcade Fire featuring Mavis Staples mp3

Also be sure to check out the Our First 100 Days Campaign which will release a protest song every day over the first one hundred of this presidency. Click below to make a donation to get a subscription with proceeds going to a variety of charities to aide in their fight against the sure-to-be damaging policies of this administration.

Our First 100 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW SOUNDS

CORINNE BAILEY RAE I have just became aware that the British alt-r&b artist, Corinne Bailey Rae had released her fourth studio album, &...