Friday, March 4, 2011

MEET CLARE MAGUIRE

Who exactly is Clare Maquire?


She is a twenty-three year old British singer that I have been really digging lately.  I find her such a breath of fresh air in these days of  pop singers whose voices are so manipulated that they barely sound human. I love her dark, moody and soulful vocals that takes me way back to the eighties, when Annie Lennox ruled the charts.

Ms Maguire has released her first song last year in the UK, "Ain't Nobody". with the latest single, "The Last Dance" in which Maguire was inspired to write the day after the death of Michael Jackson, and her debut album, "Light After Dark" both being released at the end of February there.

While both songs are currently available in the US on Itunes, there is no word on an exact release date on the album stateside but hopefully we won't have to wait too long. I really can't wait to hear it. I think Clare Maguire is a great artist and I really hope she becomes a great success worldwide.

Here is the music video for her the song, "The Last Dance" which shows that's she's got just as much style as substance:




And as a bonus, have a listen to her first single, "Ain't Nobody":

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHLOE X HALLE: INDIVIDUALLY

The Bailey sisters, Chlöe and Halle , have been working together professionally since they were young children. The girls had impressive dep...