Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MY TUNE OF THE DAY


I was out doing my weekly grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, when this song came on in the background that made me stop in my tracks. It took me way back to when I was a young kid. I really loved this song, I hadn't heard it in many years and I had to have it.

There was one slight problem, though. . .

I had no idea who sang it, let alone, what the actual name of the song was. So, I went to Itunes and started plugging in possible song titles in the "search "engine in the hope that I would be successful.

After less than five whole minutes, I finally found it.

The song, "Don't Pull Your Love", recorded by the oddly named act, Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds,  reached number four on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1971. The group would chart again one last time with the number one hit, "Fallin' In Love" in 1975 (I need to get this song too).

Have a listen to this:
"Don't Pull Your Love" - Hamilton Joe Frank & Reynolds (1971)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW SOUNDS

CORINNE BAILEY RAE I have just became aware that the British alt-r&b artist, Corinne Bailey Rae had released her fourth studio album, &...