Wednesday, July 20, 2011

LAND OF THE ONE-HIT WONDERS: 80'S EDITION


I graduated from high school in 1981, so the music of the 1980's (despite how corny it sounds) was truly the soundtrack of my formative years. When I hear these songs, they take me back to a specific moment in my life and although I didn't realize it at the time but it was a simpler time with few cares in the world beyond deciding what I was going to wear when I would go out dancing.

So, once again, here are some my favorite songs from the artists who managed to have only one hit chart on the U.S top-forty charts:

"Cars" - Gary Numan (1980)

"Whip It" - Devo (1980)

"Double Dutch Bus" - Frankie Smith (1981)

"Tainted Love"  - Soft Cell (1982)

"Someday Someway" - Marshall Crenshaw (1982)

"Love Plus One" - Haircut 100 (1982)

"Pass The Dutchie" - Musical Youth (1983)

"Too Shy" - Kajagoogoo (1983)

"In A Big Country" - Big Country (1983)

"They Don't Know" - Tracey Ullman (1984)

"Relax" - Frankie Goes To Hollywood (1985)

"Perfect Way" - Scritti Politti (1985)

"Tarzan Boy" - Baltimora (1986)

"Casanova" - Levert (1987)

"Beds Are Burning" - Midnight Oil (1988)

"What I Am" - Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians (1989)

You've enjoyed the sounds of the '80's, now let have a few visuals:





No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW SOUNDS

CORINNE BAILEY RAE I have just became aware that the British alt-r&b artist, Corinne Bailey Rae had released her fourth studio album, &...