Sunday, August 11, 2013

BABY. . .

After listening to Ariana Grande's latest single, "Baby I", it made realize how that term of endearment is probably the most overused word in music. It's really amazing how many songs where "baby" has been applied over and over to easily capture in simple shorthand the deep affection one has for another.

So, this post is dedicated to songs heavily using this favored word throughout pop music history. This will hardly cover all of the many, many tunes but these are just a few of my favorites:

"Be My Baby" - The Ronettes (1963)

"Don't Worry, Baby" - The Beach Boys (1964)

"Baby, I Need Your Loving" - The Four Tops (1964)

"Ooh Baby, Baby" - The Miracles (1965)

"B-A-B-Y" - Carla Thomas (1966)

"Baby I'm-A Want You" - Bread (1971)

"Baby Come Back" - Player (1977)

"Baby, What a Big Surprise" - Chicago (1977)

"Baby I'm Burning" - Dolly Parton (1978)

"Somebody's Baby" - Jackson Browne (1982)

"Baby, I'm Scared Of You" - Womack & Womack (1984)



"Baby Baby Baby" - TLC (1992)



"Baby" - Brandy (1995)

"Baby I" - Ariana Grande (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW SOUNDS

CORINNE BAILEY RAE I have just became aware that the British alt-r&b artist, Corinne Bailey Rae had released her fourth studio album, &...