Sunday, August 25, 2013

MY TUNE OF THE DAY


Today's tune comes courtesy of my Ipod after the sultry version of "Reach Out I'll Be There" by Diana Ross popped up on shuffle. I hadn't heard it in a while and decided to share.

After successfully remaking the Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell classic, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" in 1970 (and became her first number one single as a solo artist), Miss Ross later took on another popular Motown song and completely reworked it. Originally a number one smash for The Four Tops in 1966, the uptempo "Reach Out" is almost unrecognizable now as a sexy ballad. Although this wasn't much of a hit when released as a single but I really love this take of the song. If you have never heard this, I think you're in for a treat:

"Reach Out I'll Be There" - Diana Ross (1971)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW SOUNDS

CORINNE BAILEY RAE I have just became aware that the British alt-r&b artist, Corinne Bailey Rae had released her fourth studio album, &...