Wednesday, June 13, 2012

MY TUNE OF THE DAY


I've heard recent rumors that singer, Neneh Cherry is working on new music which quickly sprang to mind the biggest hit of her career, "Buffalo Stance" as this 1989 world-wide smash was one of the first major hip-hop songs to top the charts which is a sound now dominating the airwaves.

I just found out that the title referred to a posse of British artists, models,and musicians that went by the name "Buffalo" (which Ms Cherry was a member) but it doesn't matter as I love this wildly adventurous song which became highly influential and still sounds very fresh today.

I've not heard anything yet from her forthcoming project but I do know that it's been about thirteen years since the last time she's released an album, so I"m looking forward in hearing it.

In the meantime, let's go back to the first time we heard Neneh Cherry:

"Buffalo Stance" - Neneh Cherry (1989)

This was Ms Cherry's contribution to the 1990 "Red Hot + Blue" benefit album which the proceeds went towards fighting AIDS. The song, "I've Got You Under My Skin" was a modern spin on the classic tune by Cole Porter and this beautiful music video was directed by photographer, Jean Baptiste Mondino:

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIT ME HARD AND SOFT

Billie Eilish is back with her third studio album, " Hit Me Hard and Soft ". Still working with her brother, Finneas O'Connel...